Inscriptions open for training course Resilience and Sustainability of Tourist Destinations, organised by SOCIUS/CSG, Research Center in Economic and Organization Sociology of ISEG – Lisbon School of Economics & Management, Universidade de Lisboa.
The course will take place on ISEG, 27-28 of February and 6-7 of March of 2018, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction to the concepts of resilience and sustainability of tourist destinations;
- Vulnerability and disturbance assessment with case study analysis;
- Methodologies for developing resilience and sustainable tourism plans;
- Practical application of knowledge with the development of a resilience and sustainability plan.
Bridging a gap in planning skills for resilience and sustainability. At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Critically discuss key concepts related to resilience and sustainable tourism;
- Identify vulnerabilities and disturbance factors of resilience in tourist destinations;
- Develop strategic resilience and sustainable tourism plans based on robust analysis methodologies (e.g. Resilience Alliance methodology).
The curriculum of this course is based on research and practical cases carried out in this area, aiming to develop in the participants solid skills, critical and innovative spirit, knowledge and experience in the development of strategic plans of resilience and sustainable tourism.
With regard to learning methodologies, emphasis will be given to thematic videos, the development of group exercises in the application of key concepts, as well as the analysis of case studies that promote an informal, though critical, discussion among the participants. Some of the materials used in class (e.g. videos, papers, etc.) can be taught in English.
Ana Rita Sampaio is Doctor in Sustainable Tourism at the International Center for Responsible Tourism, Leeds Metropolitan University (now Leeds Beckett University) in the UK, and a degree in Environmental Engineering from the Faculty of Science and Technology of the New University of Lisbon. He also carried out post-doctoral studies at the Center for Geographical Studies of IGOT – University of Lisbon, within the framework of the European Project SECOA – Solutions for Environmental Contrasts in Coastal Areas: global change, human mobility and sustainable urban development.
This course is especially adapted to professionals in the field of tourism, technicians from municipalities and other local agents, tour operators, as well as holders of degrees or holders of relevant professional curriculum, and others interested in resilience, sustainable tourism and environmental and social responsibility.
All participants who complete the training will be issued a certificate by SOCIUS / ISEG-Ulisboa.
FEE: 300€ | -20% students, CSG researchers and unemployed.
Registration online, up to 13rd of February of 2018.
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org | 213925914/0