The SOCIUS (CSG/ISEG) organizes, together with Lisode – Lien Social et Décision, the third editions of the International Summer School on concepts and tools for the co-production of knowledge and public participation, to be held from 9 to 13 July 2018, in Montpellier, France.
The International Summer School on Concepts and tools to engage in knowledge co-production and public participation is a 5-day interactive training course designed and organized by a small international team of experts – researchers and practitioners of participatory approaches. The training is based on “learning by doing” principle that makes it possible for the participants to test what they learn on-the-spot and get immediate feedback. Our international participants co-construct their own training, contributing with unique content (their own case studies) and their personal styles and personalities.
The course will be taught in English.
The training is meant for people (students, researchers, consultants, public sector employees) interested in developing or improving knowledge and skills in participatory methods to engage stakeholders in knowledge co-production through public participation.
The language of the course is English.
The Program will be featured in 8 sections:
- Introduction and launch of the course
- Concepts, definitions and main issues related to knowledge co-production and public participation
- Analysis of the context before starting a participatory and co-production process
- Planning knowledge co-production and public participation processes
- Presentation and testing of participatory tools, methods and settings
- Facilitation tools, methods and skills
- Evaluation of knowledge co-production and public participation processes
- Summing up & identification of the principles of knowledge co-production and public participation processes and how to apply them
Marta Varanda and Sofia Bento (ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal)
Pieter Bots (Delft University of Technology, Netherlands)
Mathieu Dionnet (Lisode, Montpellier, France)
The registration phase is ongoing until 15th of June of 2018.