Porto, 25th November 2017
The submissions of papers to the 4th OBEGEF Interdisciplinary Insights on Fraud and Corruption Conference (I2FC2017) is open.
This year main theme is “The social and economic impact of fraud and corruption”.
The conference will take place 25th November 2017 in Porto, Portugal, and will be hosted by Instituto Superior de Serviço Social do Porto (ISSSP).
The I2FC 2017 conference aims to bring together researchers, academics and practitioners from different backgrounds to exchange and share their experiences, ideas, and research results about the social and economic impacts of fraud and corruption.
A selection of high quality papers presented at I2FC2017 will have the opportunity to be included in acollective book published by a high standing international publisher in the field.
The conference will have a Best Paper Award and aBest Student Paper Award, which will be announced and bestowed at the conference closing session.
Submission deadline (full papers): 15 October 2017
Notification of acceptance: 29 October 2017
Registration opens: 31 October 2017
Early-bird registration deadline: 11 November 2017
Authors’ registration deadline: 18 November 2017
Conference date: 25 November 2017
We kindly invite the submission of theoretical, applied, or policy-oriented research papers that focus on any aspect of the impacts of fraud and corruption, to our conference. The topics include, but are not limited to, the following
- The theory and empirics of the social and economic impacts of fraud and corruption.
- Methodological challenges on the estimation of the social and economic impacts of fraud and corruption.
- The assessment of social and economic impact of the distinct types of fraud and corruption, most notably:
- petty and grand corruption,
- tax evasion
- money laundering
- fraud and counterfeiting
- fraud and organized crime
- environmental crime
- the underground and the shadow economy
- the shadow economy
- academic fraud
- Law, regulations and public policy targeting fraud and corruption.