Porto, 25th and 26th of May 2017.
For the first time EDULOG will be hosting a Conference dedicated to the link between human capital, higher education (innovation) and regional development, focused on the four Southern European countries, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece.
You can find the overall description of the Conference in our website, where we have just opened the call for papers: http://conferencia2017.edulog.pt/
More details, including registrations and practicalities will be regularly updated online.
Papers that investigate and/or analyse the following themes are welcome:
- The success or lack of success of policies implemented in the lagging regions of the four countries.
- Theory-based evaluations or quantitative counterfactual evaluations.
- Theories behind the success or failure of policy efforts in this type of regions.
- New policy perspectives or objectives, which should be implemented.
- The interrelation between national and European regional policies and how they can be coordinated and made more complementary.
- Prospective and policy components on the link between human capital, higher education (innovation) and regional development will be particularly welcome.
- Reports from on-going projects on Smart Specialisation Strategies.
Call for papers deadline postponed: 31 January of 2017.