ISEG, 29 May 2017
ZERO – Associação Sistema Terrestre Sustentável, a Plataforma Não ao Tratado Transatlântico e a Plataforma Transgénicos Fora invite to the debate on CETA, the trade agreement between the EU and Canada, to be held on 29 May at the ISEG (Amphitheater Novo Banco, Quelhas street), between 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Entitled “CETA: 6 themes, six debates – Looks of science on the EU / Canada trade agreement”, this cycle of debates aims to involve scientists, parliamentarians, entrepreneurs and citizens in analyzing the implications of this trade agreement and investment. The aim of each of the six debates is to address a different theme: energy and climate change, agriculture and food, health and public services, labor rights / human rights, economics and democracy.
This debate will focus on the impact of CETA in the area of Economics and will be attended by Paula Fontoura, ISEG professor in International Economics and Development and Sofia Santos, Secretary General of the Business Council for Sustainable Development Portugal.
There will be several topics to address, among them:
– Will CETA help promote the new agenda for the Sustainable Development Goals?
– How relevant is CETA to the EU and Canadian economy?
– Are the expected benefits sufficient to justify its potential risks?
– What impacts can it have on public demand, in particular, on the integration of sustainability criteria and regional proximity?
– In what context do the investment protection mechanisms make sense? Is it important that they are integrated into CETA?
– Is CETA a “friend” agreement between small and medium-sized companies?
– What is the value of regulatory cooperation for companies? And what are its risks?
This event is free entry, but mandatory registration.
Please sign up for: https://goo.gl/xNklLH
For more information see our Facebook page.