How the Program is structured?
The PhD Development Studies is a three-year programme in which students must obtain a total of 180 ECTS (credits). It comprises:
- Courses (60 credits ECTS);
- Preparation, submission and defense of thesis (120 ECTS).
Courses are taught in the first year of the Program over 2 semesters. They are:
- Theories of Modernity and Development (9.0 credits ECTS)
- Development Policy and Politics (7.5 credits ECTS)
- Research Methods in Development Studies (6.0 credits ECTS)
- Research Seminar I (3.0 credits ECTS)
- Research Essay (4.5 credits ECTS)
- Development in Transition (0 credits ECTS)*
- Topics in Development Studies (0 credits ECTS)*
- Elective Modules of Research Methods (6.0 credits ECTS)
- Research Seminar II (3.0 credits ECTS)
- Elective Unit (6.0 credits ECTS)
The classes will run at ISEG (that coordinates the Program) and at the other Schools (ICS, IGOT and ISA) according to the scheduled activities to be announced.