The 5th edition of the International Summer School “Concepts and tools to engage in knowledge: co-production and public participation” will take place from September 2 to 6, 2019, at the ISEG – Higher Institute of Economics and Management of the University of Lisbon.
The registration deadline is August 10th, 2019
The summer school is divided in 8 blocks which will take place during 5 days.
- Introduction and launch of the course
- Concepts, definitions and main issues related to knowledge co-production and public participation
- Analysis of the context before starting a participatory and co-production process
- Planning knowledge co-production and public participation processes
- Presentation and testing of participatory tools, methods and settings
- Facilitation tools, methods and skills
- Evaluation of knowledge co-production and public participation processes
- Summing up & identification of the principles of knowledge co-production and public participation processes and how to apply them
A mixed-method approach will be used, including theoretical presentations, interactive exercises and group work, plenary discussions and simulations. Participants will apply the proposed participatory methods and tools by working on their own case study. Application contexts may concern tansdisciplinary research projects, participatory decision making processes as well as policy development and implementation.
Mathieu Dionnet (Lisode, Montpellier, França)
Marta Varanda (SOCIUS/CSG, ISEG-Ulisboa, Portugal)
Sofia Bento (SOCIUS/CSG, ISEG-Ulisboa, Portugal)